The conference which will be held under the auspices of the International Geographical Union (IGU) is dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the Institute of Geography of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS) - the largest world-renowned geographical research organization in Russia. This occasion provides an opportunity to make an overview of the domestic and international trends in geography’s development to analyze the growing impact of scientific research internationalization, the aggravation of global problems, changing theoretical paradigms, radical renewal of research methods and predictions’ validity, as well as to strengthen the integration between social and environmental branches of geography. The main task of the conference is to consolidate the Russian and international experience in practically oriented studies in the field of social and environmental geography meeting the diverse and critical challenges of the XXI century.
Program of the Conference:
- 100 years of Russian geography
- Environmental challenges
- Socio-environmental challenges
- Social challenges
- Geopolitical challenges
- Technological challenges
- Informational challenges
- Challenges to geographical education
The section of “Environmental challenges” includes follow topics:
- Climate change: environmental security, vulnerability and adaptability of territorial systems.
- Water use and the reducing of hazardous hydrological phenomena risks.
- Geochemical processes of natural and anthropogenic substances transfer.
- The geographical basis for the creation of the territorial environmental framework: multi-scale analysis and harmonization.
All information about the Conference is available on the web-site: http://100igras.ru/en/.