Call for Papers
#ESEH2019 Twitter Conference Call for Papers
August 15-16 2019
The Next Generation Action Team (NEXTGATe) of the European Society for Environmental History invites abstract submissions for a Twitter conference from 15-16 August, 2019, prior to the ESEH meeting in Tallinn. This is a great opportunity for those who attending the conference to give a preview of their paper or for those who are unable to attend the physical conference. Each participant will have fifteen minutes (approximately 10 tweets) to present their paper using the twitter conference hashtag, with a further fifteen minutes for a virtual question and answer session. We welcome and encourage the use of images, brief videos, gifs and memes in presentations. Papers may be collaborative. Each paper will be circulated on the @ESEHtweets and @ENextgate to c.1500 followers, then continue to circulate as individual Twitter moments before and during ESEH 2019 in Tallinn. If you are curious as to what this format could look like please see last year’s #ASEH2018tweets conference organised by Jessica DeWitt.
The #ESEH2019 Twitter Conference hopes to provide:
- A dynamic platform on which emerging and established scholars can disseminate their research using digital communication methods.
- Increased visibility and publicity for environmental history, #ESEH2019 and its presenters.
- Interaction with the wider public and scholars unable to attend #ESEH2019.
- A carbon neutral alternative to traditional conference structures, offering an opportunity for individuals unable to attend #ESEH2019 to participate in the conference.
- 250 word abstract
- Three keywords
- Presenter(s) institutional affiliation (if applicable) and Twitter handle(s)
- Presenter(s) Academic CV (max. 2 pages)
- For further guidance, visit esehtwitterconference.home.blog for a comprehensive guide to presenting at the conference.
Participants will be notified of their acceptance for the conference by 25 March.
For further information visit