Oceans Past brings together scholars and practitioners interested in documenting and understanding changes in marine systems and human maritime interactions in past decades, centuries and millennia.
Conference themes include:
- How the sea has changed us / how we have changed the sea
- Physical and biological drivers in marine ecosystems and populations
- Scales of sustainable and unsustainable marine harvesting throughout time
- Multidisciplinary perspectives on social and ecological consequences of change
- Trajectories and repercussions of management interventions on marine social‐ecological systems through time
- Lessons from the past for management of coastal zones and the high seas
Deadline for abstract submission: 15 January 2024
Attendance subsidies are available for some early career researchers, please check the website for eligibility and how to apply.